PREFACE: Welcome to the 18th Falkland Islands & Dependencies + Antarctica Auction. I believe that this is one of the best auctions ever, especially from the collector's point of view, with a large number of very interesting, unusual, rare and unique items, including material from Velma Malcolm's and Nap Bound's collections, Fox Bay items from Nigel Lehman's collection, stamps and covers from a gentleman's collection, plus a good number of other interesting consignments, including many vendors in the Falkland Islands. Many sections are outstanding this time including Early Mail, QV stamps and postal history, KGV and KGVI postal history, QEII stamps, Censor Mail, exceptional 1982 material, outstanding Cork Cancellations on stamps and postcards, Fox Bay, a large section Postcards including Kosmos and PSNC card, South Georgia postmarks and covers, as well as Expedition and Whaling mail.
When bidding please remember that I STILL DO NOT CHARGE ANY BUYER'S PREMIUM (most other auctions charge around 20% extra) and this means that a lot with a £300 estimate in my auction, has a reserve (80%=£240) equivalent to a realization of £200 (+ buyers premium 20% = £240) in most other auction companies!
As usual there is a lot of material in this sale and I hope that everybody who receives the catalogue will be able to find something of interest. Please note that all catalogue numbers and values quoted are from the Specialised Stamp Catalogue of the Falkland Islands and Dependencies, fifth edition, unless otherwise stated. If you require further information about any lots, or photocopies, please let me know as soon as possible. I look forward to hearing from you and to receive your bids.
Below you will find the catalogue index with links to the text and the photos. Almost all the single stamps and sets, multiples and pieces are illustrated, as well as almost all covers etc with an estimate of £20 or more. Covers with an estimate of £200 or more are illustrated individually and those with estimates between £20 and £200 will be found on combined cover pages (with up to 20 covers per page). If you would like to have an illustration of a single item which is not illustrated please send an e-mail to email@example.com stating the lot number and I will e-mail it to you (in JPEG format).
Below you will also find a list of the symbols and abbreviations, which are used in the catalogue, as well as the conditions of sale.
Please send bids by fax (+46-8108361) or ordinary mail - clients known to me may send bids by e-mail (these will always be confirmed)! The prices stated in the right hand columns are estimates, the reserve prices are 80% of the estimates. Bids below the reserve prices cannot be accepted!
CATALOGUE TEXT FOR LOT NUMBERS:
PHOTOS FOR LOT NUMBERS:
At the FIPSG weekend in Faringdon on 9-11 March, before, after and between other sessions. I will bring most lots with an estimate of £20 or more, plus any requested lots. You can request specific lots by e-mail, fax, ordinary mail or by phone.
1. Each lot is sold to the highest bidder at no more than 10% above the second highest bid. In case of one bid only the lot will be sold at the reserve price. All bids will be treated strictly confidential and correct.
2. All reserve prices are 80% of the estimates and bids below the reserve prices will not be accepted.
3. THERE IS NO BUYER'S PREMIUM! Only postage and insurance costs will be added to the invoice. All lots will be sent by privately insured registered mail without indication of value. Lots and/or invoices will be sent out within three days after the sale.
4. THERE IS NO VAT! Sweden is a member of the European Union and there will be no import-VAT to buyers in any other EU countries including the UK.
5. Customers known to me will receive lots with the invoice. Customers unknown to me will receive a pro-forma invoice and lots will be sent upon receipt of payment.
6. Payment should be made by personal cheque or bank cheque in Pounds, drawn on a British bank. Checks in US-Dollars are also acceptable. Small amounts may be settled with bank notes in any currency. Payment by Credit Card IS NO LONGER POSSIBLE, but instead I can accept PAYPAL payments (there is a charge of 5% of the total amount, which is the fee charged by PayPal). Please tick the appropriate box on the bid form.
7. Lots are described with all possible care but if you are not satisfied with a lot, please feel free to return it and let me know what is wrong.
8. Because of the large number of lots, it has not been possible to illustrate them all. Photocopies of illustrated or un-illustrated lots may be supplied free of charge. Please let me know as soon as possible. I can also send scanned colour images by e-mail (JPEG or TIFF format).
9. INTERNET: The auction catalogue with colour illustrations is also available on the Internet. The address to my website is: www.novastamps.com/stefan/
Almost all single stamps and most multiples, plus all covers with an estimate of £20 or more, are illustrated there.
10. PRICES REALISED: A list of prices realised will be sent to all bidders and it will also be available on the Internet website listed above as from the afternoon on the day after the sale.